Sweets on Main is a gourmet Bake Shoppe and Dessert Cafe located in the Branford Town Center offering high quality baked goods by day and beautifully plated decadent desserts by night.
Baked from scratch in small batches, we use the finest quality ingredients to produce desserts that are delicious and memorable.
Each treat starts from scratch using ingredients of superior quality: locally sourced farm-fresh eggs from Medlyn Farms, fresh local fruit, European butter, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, a combination of Valrhona and Callebaut Chocolate.
At Sweets, we are proud to say that every single product is made fresh in our kitchen. Our commitment to you is that everything is baked fresh and crafted with love.
After all, happiness is homemade.
Sweets takes great pride in being committed to socially + environmentally friendly practices.
We only get one planet. In an effort to be socially and environmentally responsible, at Sweets on Main, we:
- Buy fairly traded, organic, local products any time it is possible.
- We purchase eggs, produce, and the fresh flowers that adorn the Shoppe from local Connecticut farms
- We feature Shearwater Coffee- 100% USDA Organic, supporting Fair Trade USA and sustainable farming
- Recycle, recycle, recycle!
- We recycle paper, cardboard, glass, and plastic.
- Our owner, Donna, is so dedicated that you will find her gathering recyclables that are not collected curbside and taking them to the town recycling center!
- Believe food is not meant to be wasted.
- Any baked goods remaining at the end of the day are donated to the local pantry and food bank
- Coffee grounds, egg shells, and fruit peels are used in our Chef's garden as mulch
- Reduce waste.
- We provide complementary fruit infused water to decrease the need for bottled water
- Bring your travel mug for a coffee refill and get a discount
- Raise awareness.
- We donate a portion of all dog treat sales to the local animal shelter and feature local adoptable pets on our site